Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire
We have published a range of maps for Ayrshire. Each includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Ayrshire is one of Scotland's historic counties. It was abolished in 1975 when it became part of the new Strathclyde region.
Since 1996 it has been divided into 3 unitary councils: North Ayrshire, South Ayrshire and East Ayrshire.
See This Page for more information on the area's local government history.
These are the maps we publish for Ayrshire:
- 03.12 Largs 1895 - published 2008, intro by Gilbert Bell
- 08.06 Beith 1895 - published 2009, intro by Gilbert Bell
- 16.01 Ardrossan (North) 1895 - published 2009, intro by Gilbert Bell
- 16.04 Kilwinning 1895 - published 2010, intro by Gilbert Bell
- 16.05 Ardrossan (South) 1895 - published 2009, intro by Gilbert Bell
- 16.06 Saltcoats 1909 - published 2008, intro by Gilbert Bell
- 17.09 Irvine (North) 1908 - published 2009, intro by Gilbert Bell
- 17.13 Irvine (South) 1908 - published 2009, intro by Gilbert Bell
- 18.13 Kilmarnock 1855 - published 2012; introduction by Gilbert Bell
- 22.13 Troon 1909 - published 1988, intro by Jane MacLean
- 27.14 Prestwick 1908 - published 1998, intro by Gilbert Bell
- 33.02 Newton on Ayr 1908 - published 1999, intro by Gilbert Bell
- 33.06 Ayr 1909 - published 1986, intro by Jane MacLean
- 55.04 Girvan 1908 - published 2000, intro by John Griffiths
Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
They cost just £ 3.00 each (Coloured maps: £ 4.00). For a full list of Scottish maps, return to the Scotland page
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
This list shows all our maps for the area. We try to keep a full range in print but inevitably some titles fall out of print from time to time.
These are noted in our On-line Mapshop.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, DH8 7PW. Tel 01207 583388
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 13 Nov 2016