Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Fife
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Methil:
Fife Sheet 28.08a Methil 1893 - published 2019; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-78721-263-3
Fife Sheet 28.08b Methil 1913 - published 2019; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-78721-264-0
We have published two versions of this map, to show how Methil changed across the years.
Both maps are double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map covers the town of Methil, its docks and harbour, Leven Colliery,
Denbeath (later Wellesley) Colliery, Wemyss & Buckhaven Railway to Methil station, other railways and mineral lines,
Methilhill, part of Innerleven, Buckhaven Links. The 1913 map shows how greatly the town developed over those 20 years, now with additional railway
lines, two more docks, a tramway, football ground, and the development of Wellesley Road.
On the reverse of each map is a section of adjacent sheet 28.07 to the west, showing Pirnie Colliery. Each map includes a specially written
introduction to the history of the area.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Fife maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for Scotland, return to the Scotland page.
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 28 August 2019