Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Flintshire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Dyserth & Meliden:
Flintshire Sheet 4.04 Dyserth & Meliden 1910 - published 2007; intro by Derrick Pratt. ISBN.978-1-84151-993-7
This very detailed map is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map covers the village of Dyserth, famed for its waterfall, and
coverage stretches west to Bodrhyddan Hall, east to Ochr-y-foel. Features include Tan-y-foel, Dyserth village
centre, the station (terminus of the Prestatyn & Cwm Branch), Dyserth Stone Quarries, St Bridget's church, Dyserth Hall, Dyserth Castle, Talargoch Mine. On
the reverse we extend coverage north with a large section of adjacent sheet 1.16, and this covers the village of Meliden, incl station, St Melyd's church, Nant-yr-ogof,
Tan-yr-allt, Bryniau, Graig Fawr and several old mine shafts.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Flintshire maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for Wales, return to the Wales page.
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 6 January 2018