Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Flintshire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Holywell (W):
Flintshire Sheet 6.09 Holywell 1910 - published 2004; intro by Derrick Pratt. ISBN.978-1-84151-729-2
This detailed map covers the centre of Holywell and the area to the west, with coverage westward to Mwdwl-eithin and Saith-aelwyd.
Features include Pantasaph Farm, Grange Quarries, Holloway area, Coed Saith-aelwyd, Naid-y-march, Pen y Ball, Pen-y-ball Top, Smithy Gate, town centre with individual buildings
neatly shown, Town Hall, most of High Street, St Winefride's School, St James church, Upper and Lower Mills, Great Holway lead mines, Coed y Fron, route of old railway, Wallside Mine, numerous old shafts for former lead mines,
old quarries, Clwt Militia Office, etc. On the reverse we include an OS index map for the main part of Flintshire c.1872.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Flintshire maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for Wales, return to the Wales page.
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 6 January 2018