Old Ordnance Survey Maps of the London Borough of Bexley
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Lamorbey:
Kent Sheet 8.07 Lamorbey & North Sidcup 1895 - published 1993; intro by John Mercer. ISBN.978-0-85054-591-3
The area covered by this very detailed map was still largely rural in 1895. Lamorbey, a large house with parkland, is in the centre of the map; at the
time it was occupied by the publisher E Heinemann. To its SW is the village of Halfway Street, leading down to Sidcup station on the Dartford Loop line. There are
some houses on Station Road, along with Holy Trinity church, and Longlands Road, partly built up, is at the foot of the map. Elsewhere there are several small woods -
Poulters Spring, Hollyoak Wood, Christians Wood - and a scattering of houses - Penhill, Hurst Cottages - but large scale development has yet to arrive.
The map links up with
Kent Sheets 8.06 New Eltham to the west, 8.08 Bexley to the east, 8.11 Sidcup to the south.
For other maps in Bexley see our Bexley page.
Follow this link for a complete list of our London Series maps or this for a list of the Kent Series maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for London, return to the London page
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 3 December 2016